Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Camping, Round 2

We went camping again, this time up near Taos. We felt so much smarter- we brought all the proper fixings for s’mores, including graham crackers. Unfortunately, we forgot a bottle opener, knives and forks and plates (all useful but, as we discovered, not completely necessary for cooking burgers), and cups for coffee and hot chocolate. We also failed to calculate how freaking cold it is in Taos at night at 8,000 feet, but somehow we lived, even if one of us didn’t bring pajama pants.

By the way, I highly recommend camping in the Carson National Forest. The Forest is just outside of Taos, and full of cheap and free little campgrounds, often right next to a creek. I also recommend not feeding your puppy anything for 8 hours before the drive, to avoid cleaning up two huge mounds of excrement and two piles of steaming vomit, all lovingly placed on the seat of your car.

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Wolfie!! I'd do the same thing... hehe. But next time you should aim for Toad's face...jkjk

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Wolfie... still up to his good tricks. This puppy stage lasts a damn long time, eh?

And per the leaving the utensils et al at the Closson pad, que paso? I thought we were the nerdy list twins? Have you abandoned your loveable paraprofessional self in hippie Santa Fe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home