Friday, October 07, 2005

Beauty in the sky

Last weekend I went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, a huge festival for hot-air balloon owners and enthusiasts. The Fiesta is the most photographed event in the world, and it is easy to see why. The beautiful balloons, all colors, shapes and sizes, fill the sky at dawn and take your breath away.



I have had a lifelong dream of going up in a hot-air balloon (I attribute it to Jules Verne and Teddy Ruxpin’s adventure in “The Airship”), and seeing these magnificent vessels close up only increased my desire. I imagine a balloon trip would allow beautiful views and a smooth and peaceful ride. I like the image of a graceful glide over the desert hills in the early morning.









Someday I will go up for a ride, but for now I get to check off one more of the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger zalda said...

that's so cool! i haven't been to Albuquerque in like 3 years! Aww I miss it :/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home