Friday, April 20, 2007

Everyone knows I’m over my head

It’s one of those times when I want to pick up the phone and call you. I am feeling totally unsettled- the next few weeks will require that I make a big decision about what I’m going to do (or not do) in the fall. While it is my decision I feel like everything is out of my control. I know, it makes no sense. I guess I’m just scared of making a decision.

Should I go to school in San Diego? Should I go to school/work in London? Will going to London help me get back to Africa? Should I go straight to Africa and work in the field? Should I study in Canada? Should I look for a job in New York or DC? Should I indulge my desire to eat cheese and drink wine and teach English in Italy? Should I stay in Santa Fe? Where will the dogs live if I leave the country? Should we sell the house? How come Laughing Cow cheese is so much cheaper at Trader Joe’s than anywhere else? Do they have an “in” with the Babybel people? Why can’t I finish knitting my grandmother’s birthday present? How can songs by The Fray be so whiny and yet so catchy? Why have the local radio stations stopped playing anything else?

As you can see, I need you for these pressing questions that keep running through my head. Well, they are in my head when I am not stuck on “Or he’ll say he’s just not the same/ And you’ll begin to wonder why you came.” Can't. Stop. The Fray.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Hmm.. Italy with wine, cheese, and English learners. That's the most romantic option. Everything else is terribly too practical ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home