Back in the saddle
Hi folks.
It’s been a long time. If I had gotten a haircut the last time I wrote here, according to Seventeen Magazine (which taught me all I know about beauty and hair products), I would be long overdue for a new one. And I am long overdue for an update, with little show for it but a few puny excuses and split ends.
The past three months have mostly been filled with working and sleeping, though there were a few choice moments that I do plan to share (seeing that armadillo up close, the first snow fall and then the complete LACK of snow since which makes the $500 I spent on SNOW tires seem like a big waste, going to Texas twice in month which was two times too many, finding $100 last week and $50 this week that I forgot I had, getting a lot of long underwear for Christmas, watching my 30-pound puppy try to hump a dogs three times his size, sending my grandmother a hand-made pin for her 80th birthday because I know she’ll wear it and like it just like the macaroni necklaces of days past, eating a ton of Indian food and then begging Imodium off of other folks with weak digestive systems, shooting a .22 pistol and a rifle and some kind of European assault weapon with researchers and a member of our board on a Saturday because that is what New Mexicans, even New Mexicans with PhDs, do on Saturdays).
The working part is what made it possible for me to take this picture, so I guess it wasn’t all bad.

So, I am writing this to thank you for your patience and give you a preview of what is to come and I hope that by announcing to the world (or to the three people either related to me or former roommates who are reading this) that I’ll be back I hope to put some pressure on myself to buck the trend of laziness that has consumed whenever I am not at my office. I’ll have to find my rhythm again, but when I do it’ll be like Pam and Tommy Lee.


1 Comments:
Hey. Am I to understand that you have been in India since the last time I saw you?? Neil & Amy went for 3 weeks over Christmas. It seems like an amazing country! I'll be curious to hear all about it.
I hope you are well. I miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home