Do blondes really have more fun?
Yesterday I wore a wig to work for Halloween. Since I’m fairly new here I wasn’t sure a whole costume would be appropriate, so I thought all black clothes with a short, dark wig would be a nod to the holiday without going overboard. The wig looked vaguely like this (minus the skeevy male model):

I got two types of reactions. Once one was, “Who are you supposed to be? Is that a costume?” The other, more common one was, “Wow, you look great as a brunette, and I love your bangs!” A colleague told me I look less timid with brown hair, and much more commanding. He said to wear the wig whenever I’m facing a difficult situation so that I can appear more confident. Usually I wear my blonde hair down, or in a low ponytail. It is past my shoulders, I do not have bangs, and my hair looks generally like this:

But after all the comments yesterday, changes may be afoot.
I must say, though, that major modifications in my hairstyle or my life will have to wait until December, because I’m currently writing a novel this month with NaNoWriMo. I know, a novel in one month! Crazy! Lots of other people are doing it too. Come join us! Word count so far: 260.


1 Comments:
I think that writing a novel in a month is awesome! You go!
Post a Comment
<< Home